- Mon - Fri 10:00 - 18:00 / Closed on Weekends
Latest Smartphones: Microsoft Lumia 950 XL
This latest Windows 10 based phone has heads turning with its large screen, stylish body and an upgraded camera. The Lumia 950XL is a premium smartphone by Microsoft and will be available in stores in early December.
Read what our experts have to say about the Lumia 950 XL and sign up here to get an alert when we have a deal on the phone: https://www.chitterchatter.co.uk/newsletter.php
The Lumia 950XL features a large and sharp 5.7 inch display, which means you will need both hands to use this phone. The body of the phone itself is well-designed with a neat, matte, polycarbonate body that is comfortable to touch.
The phone runs on the latest Windows OS - Windows 10 - which includes a whole bunch of new features including:
- Bring on the PC-Like Power: All you need to do is connect the mobile to a monitor, mouse and keyboard and you will be able to use it like a PC for getting things done or project to a larger-screen for big-time entertainment.
- Enter the Continuum: Taking it a step further, Microsoft now allows you to switch to a Tablet mode in a click, for when you are on the Surface.
- Return of the Start Menu: After playing around with the beloved Start menu, Microsoft finally decided to bring it back in the latest version of the operating system.
- Hello Cortana: Microsoft's version of Siri will ensure that the experience of interacting with a virtual assistant now spreads across the world.
- Walk to the Edge: The reincarnation of Internet Explorer has been received well, with many praising the Edge browser for being faster, better organised and with new features such as distraction-free reading. Try it out and tell us what you think!
Watch this video to learn more:
An Upgraded Camera
With a 20 megapixel primary camera, the Lumia 950XL brings amazing image quality using "super pixels" and something called "PureView" which ensure that your photographs remain sharp and clear.
Powering the Lumia 950 XL is an octa-core 1.5 GHz processor. The phone boasts a 3340 mAh Li-Ion battery, which the manufacturer claims, will last for 19 hours of talk time.