iPhone X (64GB)Get up to £322
iPhone 8 Plus (64GB)Get up to £247
iPhone 8 (64GB)Get up to £181
iPhone 7 (32GB)Get up to £103
iPhone 7 (128GB)Get up to £123
iPhone 7 Plus (32GB)Get up to £165
Samsung Galaxy S9 (64GB)Get up to £176
Samsung Galaxy S9 PlusGet up to £144
Samsung Galaxy S8 (64GB)Get up to £130
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus (64GB)Get up to £135
Working phones must:
- Power ON/OFF
- Be fully functional including any touch screen
- Have no missing pixels, damage, burnt LCD's
- Include battery and charges up
- Have NO cracks or chips on screen
- Working home button
- Have no damage or faults to camera
- Have sound and vibrates
- Have no liquid damage
- Not be bent, misshaped and have all parts
- Have no fake or non original components.
- Excessive dents, chips, scratches or wear and tear may lead to a revised offer
Damaged phones must:
- Not be crushed.
- Not be broken in half or bent in any way.
- Not be liquid damaged.
- No integral components such as the camera, LCD or display lens should be missing.
- No integral parts should be detached from the main body of the phone in any way or be missing.
- No integral components should be missing or detached from the main body of the device.
However, we will accept damaged phones that have a chipped or cracked screen, case or buttons and includes battery.
Brand New (Sealed Box) phones must be:
- New and unused
- In their original manufacturers box with all accessories
- Sealed with the original security seal
You can trade in a wide range of phones, including smartphones from major brands like:
If you’ve placed your trade-in order, but haven’t yet posted your device, you can change your mind and choose not to send it.
If you’ve already posted your device to us, you won’t be able to cancel the trade in.
If you’ve sent us a different device to the one we valued, the trade in quote we gave you will no longer be valid.
If you have any questions about your trade in, give us a call on 0208 185 7579.
Once your device has been successfully traded in, we’ll pay you the value of your device by direct bank transfer. This means the money will reach your account within five working days of us receiving your item.
We guarantee to pay the agreed quote (assuming the phone is in the stated condition of course!). If for any reason we believe the phone is in a different condition to specified we can return the phone to you free of charge.
Using the money you receive for trading in your old phone, you can then use this money to pay towards a new device, either a pay monthly contract or a SIM Free phone.
Do I need to have bought my phone from Chitter Chatter?
We accept trade ins for all phones, whether or not they were originally bought from Chitter Chatter.
Yes, we buy phones from all networks, whether or not they were originally bought from Chitter Chatter.
We recommend you do a factory reset on the phone before you send it in, and we also back that up by wiping the phone as part of our recycling process.
Yes. We can’t accept phones that still have the iCloud account on them. Please ensure this is removed before sending your phone to us. You can read how to do this here.
- You confirm that you consent to Chitter Chatter Limited using your information (including name, address, telephone number, email address, Device make/model/IMEI/network) to allow us to process your trade in and contact you and the network in relation to the trade in and unlocking of the Device only.
- You will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions ("Conditions") when you provide us with the device you wish to trade in (the "Device") by sending the Device to us if you trade in online or over the telephone.
Before providing us with the Device, if you have any questions relating to these Conditions please contact us via our website at www.chitterchatter.co.uk or by calling us on 0208 185 7579.
- You confirm that you are either the owner of the Device or you have obtained express permission from the rightful owner to trade in the Device.
- The Device must not be stolen or listed with us or a third party as stolen.
We will check the Device with Mobicheck, which checks against a variety of independent datasets, including the GSMA Global Blacklist Registry, to provide the most up-to-date information possible on the history of a mobile phone, including whether or not it is network blocked, has been reported lost or stolen, is under finance, or has been subject to an insurance claim. MobiCHECK® is trusted by law enforcement, insurance companies, recyclers and well-known high street retailers. if the Device fails any due diligence check we may notify the relevant police authority and we may pass the Device and your details to them and the Quoted Value will not be paid to you.
- 4.1 If we find upon inspection of the Device that you have sent us that they have been registered or reported lost, stolen, blocked or barred, or we believe the Device you have sent to us could be counterfeit we will notify you by email and quarantine the device whilst we contact the relevant authorities.
- 4.2 We will use an external service provider, MobiCode, to check every device received against the GSMA Global Blacklist Registry (the 'Register').
The Register identifies phones that have been lost, stolen, blocked or barred with a 'red flag'.
- 4.3 If your device is found to have a 'red flag' against it, you will have 28 days to contact Mobicheck (the "Quarantine Period"), who will provide advice on how to prove that you are the legal owner of the device.
- 4.4 You can begin the process by visiting the Mobicheck website at http://www.mobicheck.co.uk.
You will be asked to provide a brief description of the issue, as well as your certificate ID number which we will provide you with in our notification email in accordance with clause 4.1.
- 4.5 We cannot send your device back to you or make any payments during this period, and are legally required to dispose of the device if the 'red flag' against your device is not lifted within the Quarantine Period.
- 4.6 If you have any more questions on why we reject your Item, then you can contact our Customer Service team.
- 4.7 We accept no liability or responsibility for rejecting your Item or not returning your Item to you in these circumstances.
- 4.8 If during the Quarantine Period we receive satisfactory confirmation from MobiCode that you are the legal owner of the device, we will post the device back to you no later than on the last day of the Quarantine Period, using our selected courier at no additional cost.
- The Device must not have been purchased from Chitter Chatter within the 30 days prior to trade in.
- The quoted Device trade in value ('Quoted Value') will be determined by us or a third party on our behalf based on the make and model of the Device.
- If the Device contains a SIM card, you must remove this along with any accessories prior to trade in.
We will not be liable for any consequences of you not removing the SIM card or accessories, including any payments associated with the Device or the SIM card.
- Data stored on the Device that you wish to retain must be saved elsewhere and you must remove any memory card and/ or all data that has been put onto the Device prior to trade in.
We will not be liable for any damage, loss or erasure of any such data or for any consequences of you not removing your data or memory card, including use or disclosure of such data.
- We may deem the Device to be a Working Device or a Non-Working Device, where a:
'Working Device' means all features of the Device are in good working order and condition, the phone powers on and off, there is no physical damage (e.g. not bent, mis-shaped and has all parts, no missing pixels, burnt LCDs, screen has no cracks or chips and device Home button works) or evidence of liquid damage.
Its battery is included and can charge and power up, camera has no damage or faults, has sound and vibrates, not be subject to any previously agreed trade in arrangement and in the case of Apple products, has no fake or non-original components, any iCloud accounts must be deleted from the Device prior to trade in; and
'Damaged/Non-Working Device' means a Device that is not fully functional (e.g. has a damaged screen, case or buttons) but includes a battery, has all its parts, is not crushed or bent, is not liquid damaged, has no missing or detached components and is not subject to any previously agreed trade-in arrangement.
- Once you have traded in the Device, it will not be returned to you under any circumstances.
- In order to honour the Quoted Value we must receive the Device within 7 calendar days of you accepting to trade in; and
- Provided the Device received is as advised by you and has been received within the 7 calendar days in the Envelope, we will pay you via your provided bank details within 5 working days.
- If the Device received does not completely match the description and detail as advised by you or we have not received it within the 7 calendar days, we will contact you to give you the option either to have the Device returned to you at our cost, in which case no lvaue will be paid to you, or proceed with the trade in at a new value advised to you.
If you do not respond to this contact as advised therein within 7 working days, we will assume that you have accepted our revised offer and proceed with payment accordingly. Should you wish to make a complaint about the trade-in service, you may do so in the following way:
- in writing addressed to Chitter Chatter, Bemin House, Cox Lane, Chessington, KT9 1SG
- Both parties aggregate liability in relation to these Conditions (whether in contract or for negligence or breach of statutory duty or otherwise howsoever and whether to any entrant or otherwise) for any loss or damage shall be limited to and in no circumstances shall exceed £250 for any one incident or series of related incidents.
- Chitter Chatter Limited reserves the right to withdraw or to change the terms of this offer at any time.
Changes will be published on our website at www.chitterchatter.co.uk.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect your statutory rights.
- These Conditions are governed by English Law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Conditions.
- Each clause of these Conditions shall be construed separately and independently of each other and the invalidity of any one part shall not affect the validity of any other part.
- 'We/ us/ our' means Chitter Chatter Limited.